I have been working on major tender for NHS Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services for Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust for the last fifteen months. Today we have learnt from the Commissioners, NHS Wiltshire and NHS Bath and North and East Somerset that we have been successful.
The Press Release says:
The Preferred Bidder to provide Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services across Swindon, Wiltshire and Bath and North East Somerset from 1 April 2010 is confirmed as Oxford and Buckinghamshire Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (OBMH).
The announcement follows rigorous and robust tendering processes carried out by NHS Wiltshire and NHS Bath and North East Somerset (NHS B&NES), and separately by NHS Swindon, which both concluded that the preferred bidder for each of the schemes was OBMH.
The strengths of the tender return and service specification that OBMH submitted to NHS B&NES and NHS Wiltshire included:
- An emphasis on outreach and a whole system approach
- Proven service delivery and planning which is carried out with the inclusion of children and young people
- Effective data systems that will enable performance management
- Identification of solutions to the current key service gaps
- The use of mobile technology in the delivery of the service